Podiatry & Chiropody Treatments
Click on any podiatry treatment to learn more about it
New Patient Appoinment - Foot MOT
The Podiatry Foot MOT is a type of service for your feet which will monitor and enhance your foot health on an ongoing basis. This can be on a routine basis or for a one off health check
This appointment is for the treatment of skin and nail problems. We will assess your health with every visit to ensure we pick up things as soon as they occur and relay these to your GP. This treatment plan is unique to your needs and will be tailored at your initial assessment.
For example, your routine treatment could be every 6-8 weeks, and the treatment could include:
- Hard skin can be removed to leave the skin feeling smoother and softer
- Nails can be cut and filed, and advice given
- Corns can be (enucleated) reduced, and advice given
- Fungal nails can be cut back, cleared and advice will be given on treatment plans.
- Advice on many skin conditions and treatment options
- Advice on footwear
The treatment will finish with a moisturiser depending on your skin type to replenish the skin and boost circulation.
Musculo-Skeletal New Patient Appointment
The Musculoskeletal assessment is an investigation into what may have been the cause of your pain, and can include:
- Analysis of lower limb and foot functioning, non-weight-bearing and weight-bearing
- A full medical, work and lifestyle history
- An assessment of callous (Hard skin) or corns have presented on your heels, ball of foot and toes
Then a tailor-made treatment plan will be formed to help improve your symptoms, and can include:
- Exercises to stretch or strengthen muscles
- Insoles – specially made devices for you to wear inside your shoe to control, realign or cushion the abnormalities
- Footwear advice
- Semi-Bespoke Preformed Orthoses (including any customisation): £90-£120
- Semi-custom and Custom Orthoses: £200-£230
NB – Recommended once a year.
An ingrowing toenail is a very painful condition which can be caused by an injury, incorrect cutting of the toenail or even family genes. If left untreated the toe can become inflamed, infected and require ongoing courses of antibiotics.
Depending on the condition of the toenail it can be removed partially with the use of a local anaesthetic injected into the toe which Paul Sharples a Podiatrist in Dunfermline, fife is fully qualified to administer.
£38.00 without local anaesthetic
£45.00 with Local Anaesthetic
Nail surgery is the removal of either part or all of a nail under local anaesthetic. It is a quick and effective long term solution to many painful nail conditions. You no longer need to endure painful in-growing or thickened and disfigured toe nails.
Included in price:
- Local Anaesthetic to fully numb the toe
- Phenolisation to stop the nail growing back as decided during initial asssessment
- Post operative check-up appointments
- Information to G.P.
- 24 hour telephone contact
Diabetic Foot Assessment
If you are diagnosed with diabetes, it’s essential to check your feet daily for any signs of damage. In addition, you should have regular foot assessments with a podiatrist to enhance your foot helath education and to reduce your risk of complications occuring.
The diabetic foot assessment will concentrate on three areas:
- Neurological assessment
- Vascular assessment
- Skin assessment
During the assesment you will be shown how to examine your feet yourself so you can perform checks in between appointments, treat any minor cuts, grazes, bruises and abrasions, and make sure your shoes and socks fit correctly.
You assesment outcomes can be then shared with your local GP and Diabetic multidisaplinary team.
Appointments will be available in June at the Keavil House Health Spa, Crossford, Fife!